Are you hosting a themed party or going to one soon? Wondering what costume to wear? Well, how about one of the best video game characters of all time? That should make everyone take notice! Some of these might be considered retro game characters (think of the Pokémon video game characters), but they will make awesome costumes for your themed party.
Let’s take a look at 5 of the best video game characters of all time, giving you inspiration for your superhero costume.
1. Pikachu from Pokémon: These Pokémon video game characters are some of our old favourites that everyone knows about and enjoys. Pikachus are cute rodent-like critters that feature in many of the animated movies and TV shows, licenced by the Pokémon company. For these retro game characters, all you really need is a yellow onesie, bunny ears and whiskers and you have the perfect costume!
2. Mario and Luigi: Truly considered some of the best video game characters of all time, Mario and Luigi were made famous in ‘Donkey Kong’, but reached their iconic status in later Nintendo games. Mario and Luigi costumes are easy to create, you just need blue overalls, red or green train drivers hat, white gloves and a big black moustache.
3. Minecraft: If you want to create a Minecraft costume, this might be a little tricky, but definitely doable! The classic Steve might be your best bet, because you just need purple trousers and a turquoise t-shirt, topped off by a carboard box with a face, moustache and brown hair for a perfect Minecraft costume.
4. Mortal Kombat: This horror-fantasy themed fighting video game offers lots of great ideas for Mortal Kombat costumes. All you need is a black skinny bodysuit or black track pants, sleeveless t-shirt and boots, topped off by a blue, gold or brown tabard to match your chosen character. Mortal Kombat costumes are really easy to put together!
5. Legend of Zelda: Why not design a Link or Princess Zelda costume for your themed party? For Link, you will need yellow trousers tucked into brown boots, a long green tunic, brown belts around your waist and chest, green pointed hat, pointed ears and a sword. For princess Zelda, you need to rustle up a purple and gold princess dress, gold shoulder pieces, tiara and sword. Then you can WOW everyone with the best video game characters of all time at the party!
6. Sonic the Hedgehog: Ever wanted to be a blue hedgehog with supersonic speed? Well, now you can! All you need to achieve this awesome look is a blue onesie with cream coloured arms, cream front and blue leggings, big white gloves, big black hedgehog nose and a blue wig or hood. Who said that retro game characters couldn’t be hip?
7. Booker from Bioshock Infinite: Fancy yourself as the main character in Bioshock? Well if you want the Booker ex-soldier look, you will need charcoal pinstripe trousers, brown belt, black vest, dark red scarf, black dress shirt with white French cuffs, shoulder holster and shotgun.