What is 4th of July? You don’t have to be American to know that it’s Independence Day, which is happening very soon! What is Independence Day? It’s the date when the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776 and if you aren’t too good at figures, and are curious enough to ask how old is America this year? Well, it’s going to be 243 years old this year!
That’s a darn good reason to organise a party, which means that you also need to purchase all your fourth of July supplies ASAP. You also need to put some work into getting a patriotic costume, because no party is complete without a great costume!
Fourth of July outfit ideas
The theme for a fourth of July party has got to be red, white and blue, but there’s a lot you can do with these three colours! You can create an outfit that celebrates one or more of these colours or go the whole hog and invest in your very own Independence Day costume.
Here are a few fourth of July outfit ideas you might like to try:
- Colonial Village Women’s costume: Make sure your costume includes a dress, apron, bonnet and shawl and explore the new frontier with your compatriot
- American Suffragette Costume: Celebrate women getting the vote with a themed suffragette costume including a ‘Votes for Women’ sash this fourth of July.
- Liberty statue costume: You can’t get more patriotic than the Statue of Liberty and if you can sing ‘The Star Spangled Banner’ as well, you will be the star of the party!
- Abraham Lincoln: One of the best fourth of July outfit ideas! Why not dress up as one of America’s most recognisable presidents and deliver the Gettysburg Address to your compatriots? Do you think you have what it takes to be ‘Honest Abe’ for the night?
- Davy Crockett – Frontier Man: Want to be an American hero for a day? Try Davy Crockett – an American folk hero, politician and defender at the Alamo! Just grab your rifle, racoon hat, boots and jeans and you can be the ‘King of the Wild Frontier’ fighting for freedom in Texas!
- Giant Eagle Costume: If you want to ramp up the fun factor this fourth of July, you can’t ignore this giant inflatable Eagle costume! Talk about soaring like an eagle – you can even flap your wings and try to fly like an eagle!
- CarryMe Mr President: Did anyone mention President Trump? Well he might carry the future of America on his shoulders, but at your Independence Day party, he can also carry you! This is one of the most hilarious fourth of July outfit ideas and it’s just a pair of trousers – you have got to see it to really appreciate it!
- Uncle Sam Pet Costume: You can’t forget the dog! This awesome Uncle Sam costume is the PAWFECT way to include your pets in all the fun.
Fourth of July party supplies
Don’t forget all the fourth of July supplies you need including fun patriotic bow ties, star picks, American flags, party hats, American president face masks, patriotic plates and drinking cups and balloons, as well as other decorations in red, white and blue.
Check out our huge collection of fourth of July outfit ideas today!